The area code 206 covers all of Seattle, Washington. More specifically, it stretches from Des Moines (most southern point) to the Richmond Highlands near Shoreline (most north point). It covers all of Bainbridge Island and Vashon Island (most western point) to Mercer Island and the west side of Lake Washington (most eastern point).
View Larger Map
Quick Facts About Seattle:
- 15th largest city in the United States with an estimated 620,000 people
- Most famous landmarks include: The Space Needle, Pike Place Market, Columbia Center, Seattle Public Library, The Fremont Troll, Puget Sound, Seattle Center
- Large companies in the Seattle area: Boeing, Starbucks, Microsoft, Amazon, Costco, Nordstrom, and Providence Health & Services
- Professional sports teams: Seattle Seahawks (football), Seattle Mariners (baseball), Seattle Sounders (soccer), Seattle Supersonics (basketball), Seattle Storm (womens basketball), and Seattle Thunderbirds (ice hockey)
- Known for being a wet and rainy city.
- Colleges include University of Washington (UW), Seattle University (SU), and Seattle Pacific University (SPU)
- Largest annual festivals include Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF), Northwest Folklife, Seafair (hydroplane event), Bumpershoot (music festival), Bite of Seattle, and Hempfest